Thanks to WordPress app for iphone I can now update my blog through my iPhone. Which is really handy considering I am sans computer at home at the moment. And also continues to show the iphone is more a palm top computer than anything else.
A few months on, and my most used apps are:
- Twinkle – the most fun Twitter client with GPS and now with built in browser
- NetNewsWire – RSS reader with a web version where you subscribe to feeds and a nifty interface on the phone which makes it easy to read on the go
- Facebook 2.0 – sooo much better and more stable it almost beats the web “new Facebook”
- Palringo – instant messaging on every platform
- Delicious – my bookmarks are always with me in the bundles I save them into, it’s so organized I feel virtuous
- Omnifocus – one of the few paid for apps, my GTD task manager created by the original GTD master
- LinkedIn – handy for a referral on the run
- Showtimes – movie sessions, reviews and trailers, uses GPS to show you which cinemas are closest to your current location or you can set a preferred home
- iTransit – Sydney train timetables live from any station. I’ve created one home link for outbound, one for inbound trains. This is where to get iTransit as I haven’t seen it on App store
These are just the ones I can’t live without – will go through some branded apps next time.